Friday, January 11, 2013

Erika and the Bolshoi Ballet

We went and saw Swan Lake, by the Bolshoi Russian State Ballet!!!!! It was beautiful!!!! The costuming was intricate and colorful. Odile's black pancake tutu was riddled with intricate jewel work creating eye catching patterns as she turned, leaped and was lifted through the air. The jester was an excellent danseur. His leaps and turns we powerful and expounding with grace and strength. I wish they would have used the original ending with Odette dying and an actual orchestra instead of a recording. Safe to say, I would love to see them at their home venue, preferably before a tour.

Today, we have a free day around Salzburg, and Wendy and I are going to just hang around. We travel to Vienna tomorrow, and are going to see the Vienna Philharmonic perform at the Musikverein. I will give an update once I find Internet in Vienna.





No comments:

Post a Comment