Thursday, January 17, 2013

Last night in Vienna

We are spending our last night in Vienna. This is such a beautiful city! Today was totally free! So after taking care of a few things a few students and I walked to a local instrument store and found, totally by accident the shop connected to the Votruba instrument manufacturer.

Their rotary trumpets are world famous and are what many professionals world wide play when playing music of Viennese composers! It was really neat to listen to this sales person talk about the manufacturing process. Foster was immediately smitten and took a few of them back into a room to play. Good for him. I would have been tempted to buy one in my playing days. They sounded wonderful.

Then I ventured off on my own for some sightseeing and souvenir shopping. I got the obligatory Mozart Tankard. Im sure he must of used one just like it right? Some Klimt coaster for my mom etc. Typical touristy stuff.

We leave for Bratislava tomorrow. I'm excited for the next phase of this adventure but feel I've just begun to scratch the surface of this wonderful city. I hope to return someday soon.

Aufiderzein Vienna!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment