Thursday, January 10, 2013

SALZBURG!!!!

Let me just start by saying that Salzburg is absolutely AMAZING.  I'm so glad I decided to come on this trip.  The history and just general beauty that this city holds is absolutely spectacular--even though it's absolutely freezing!!!!!

We took a tour of the city yesterday with a very knowledgeable and all-around fantastic guide, then got some free time to explore on our own.  My favorite part of the tour was visiting Mozart's house.  It was set up like a museum inside with lots of information and artifacts that just absolutely blew my mind.  There was even a room set up to look like it might have in Mozart's day and, although it may seem a little overly obsessive, I just stood in the doorway, staring, and waiting for Wolfgang himself to come walking into the room.

The performance we went to last night was also spectacular.  It was a string quintet and two singers, performing arias and duets from three of Mozart's most famous operas:  Don Giovanni, The Marriage of Figaro, and The Magic Flute.  The performance was absolutely fantastic (and so was the food), and I can't wait to attend the other performances we have planned (Swan Lake tonight)!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment