Monday, January 28, 2013

Trip of a lifetime

I've been back in the states for two days now. I've recovered from jet lag and been able to share my stories of my experience with friends and family. Looking back I can't believe how blessed I was to be able to go on this trip and see all the things I did. For almost three weeks, we were going to symphonies, operas, ballets, and shows that people don't generally get to see. But we did; for three weeks! I learned so much by being able to actually see and experience and hear first hand. I was able to watch the conductor; how he took control of his orchestra and guided them and how the orchestra followed, playing beautifully and putting their whole heart into it. I was able to see the tragedy of the operas, specifically in Madame Butterfly, hearing the songs that explained how the characters were hurting. It was beautifully done and exquisite to watch.
Not only did we get to go to all these shows, we got to explore the cities as well. Being able to walk around the old buildings, seeing palaces and museums was amazing as well. It was so cool to have been there, experienced the food the sights and the culture. I'm so thankful I was able to go on this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment