Saturday, January 12, 2013

No more schnee it's okay, Vienna Philharmonic we're here to stay!!

Today was the day we left Salzburg for Vienna, and honestly, I wasn't super happy about it. Here is why: 1) I love Salzburg. It's so gorgeous and easy to get around. 2) it started snowing there yesterday and being a Hawaii girl, I of course was overly excited. 3) the last reason why I didn't want to leave was because the further east we drove towards Vienna, the less snowy it got. But the weather report (my iPhone) says that it should be snowy for most of next week here in Vienna, so hopefully there's more snow to run around in!

Even so, I had one of the most memorable days of my life. I saw the Vienna Philharmonic perform LIVE in the Musikverein!!!!! They performed Beethoven's 7th Symphony, Stravinsky's Firebird Suite, and Ravel's Bolero. Standing room only but it was well worth the aching feet, legs, and inability to see over the person standing in front of you. There are no words to describe how much in awe I am of them. Seriously. If you ask me, you may want the quick summary of my thoughts, but I'm going to give you he several day version of every little thing I loved about this absolutely fantastic performance. With at least 100 "THEY WERE SO AMAZING" comments or something similar to that :)







No comments:

Post a Comment