Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Back in America...

Wow. That's all I can say. As I sit here back at PLU in my dorm room, I try replaying events of the past month over in my head but strangely, it all seems like a dream to me...or maybe it's the jet lag talking. Who knows. All I know is that this past month has been the best month of my life. I have never imagined that I would listen and see the best musicians in the world perform right in front of me. We saw the Vienna Philharmonic, Slovak Philharmonic, the Vienna Boys Choir, so many operas, and countless performances. Through all of that, I made infinite memories.

But finally, Prague!!!:

This was one of the most interesting/quirky (due to some of the interesting stores and places around town...) yet gorgeous cities I have ever seen. The gothic church clock tower in Old Town Square was super cool. It's over 600 years old and still working!

We saw to formal performances during our stay in Prague which were a piano duet recital and Madame Butterfly at the state opera. Butterfly was extremely well done, and the mezzo and baritone singers were AMAZING, I could have listened to the baritone all day. The real showstopper was the girl playing Butterfly's son. During curtain call, she climbed on the platform to hop off (both hands held by the ladies who played Suzuki and Butterfly) and did the same thing each time they did a bow. It was the cutest thing ever!!!


I am still reeling over this past month and trying to remind myself on how lucky and blessed I am to have been able to be on this trip. From having a snowball fight on the fortress in Salzburg with Serena, Foster, and Phillip, to taking Elise to the Charles Bridge and getting lost in Prague, it has been quite the whirlwind of a month. I have been so blessed with the opportunity to cross off something from my bucket list, and I hope I can return soon, I know there is so much more to learn and explore!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment